Frequently asked dental questions
You can ask a dental question here, we will try to get back to you as quickly as possible.
Here are our FAQ’s
What is a dental implant
A dental implant is a titanium screw that is carefully placed in the jaw bone and used to support a crown or bridge.
Liverpool private dentist
Our referral centre restores smiles to a high standard. Restorative dentistry, including cosmetic dentistry is our expertise. We offer painless dental treatment to make teeth strong and comfortable once again.
We invite dental referrals for root fillings, restorative dentistry and dental implants, periodontal therapy and complete dentures.
Tooth extractions are rarely necessary, this helps you maintain confidence with an attractive smile and speech with the benefit of being able to eat your regular healthy diet.
We can replace missing teeth with bridges or dental implants, or whiten and veneer misshapen teeth.
Natural looking dentures are available too.
Most adult dentitions can be restored to a high standard of oral health within 2 to 3 months, 3 month smiles.
Dentistry has a lot to offer using modern materials and techniques it is possible to carry out the following:
1. Tooth whitening with a gentle bleaching gel
2. Veneer misshapen or severely stained teeth
3. Tooth coloured repairs that are imperceptible
4. Straighten crooked teeth with braces
5. A simple re-contour of worn teeth can make a big change
6. Crowns and bridges can replace missing teeth
7. Dental implants can be used to support crowns and bridgework
8. Gum surgery can cover exposed roots or make gum levels even
9. Dentures, complete or partial dentures can be comfortable and provide for an attractive smile
10. Gum treatment can eliminate redness, swelling and bleeding and help make our breath fresh.
We offer the following dental care
We can often repair teeth, rarely do teeth need to be removed.
Aesthetic dentistry or cosmetic dentistry
We can whiten teeth, make imperceptible tooth coloured repairs and porcelain veneers and crowns to restore the shapes and shade of teeth.
Endodontics or root fillings
Teeth with dental nerve disease can be root filled, we use a microscope to look inside the tiny canals and clean them. Often this is a painless procedure and means the tooth can remain in function. This is very successful indeed we have the specialist equipment required to carry out this difficult procedure.
Partial dentures and complete or full dentures or plates can replace missing teeth, quality teeth and gum work can help recreate an attractive smile and make comfortable, secure dentures.
Periodontal therapy and assessment (gum treatment)
Dr Mark Howdle is a Specialist Periodontist and offers expert advice and treatment with the best treatment outcomes.
- Gum surgery can help make teeth easier to clean during patients home care.
- Crown lengthening surgery can be used to make teeth more favourable for crowns and to make gum levels even in full smile.
- Root coverage, gum surgery can cover over exposed roots that are visible in our smiles or help prevent excessive gum shrinkage.
- Guided tissue and bone regeneration can help replace missing gum and bone in locations where teeth have been lost.
Treatment for nervous dental patients
We offer a simple sedation procedure for patients who are anxious in a clinical setting, this enables them to relax and have more complex dental care. Anxious dental patients are welcome and we have the time to treat you and very quickly you will find your confidence increases dramatically.